CJ’s Restaurant & Bar will be hosting their 6th Annual Halloween party this year on Saturday, October 20, 2018. What makes the CJ’s Halloween party so special? We asked longtime costume judge Diane Montes who did not hesitate to hand us this list.
- COOL END OF YEAR PARTY: Summer is over, and the nights are getting cooler, but those in the know are keenly aware there is still plenty of party going on over at Fire Island,
- GIFTS AND PRIZES: Who else gives you cold hard cash just for showing up in the right costume? The grand prize winner will receive $500, runner-up $150, and one lucky third place winner will receive a $100 gift card to CJ’s – that’s a lot of Rocket Fuels!
- SENSE OF COMMUNITY: Whether you make the journey across the bay, stroll over from a neighboring community, or just come from around the corner everyone is a Fire Islander when they are at this party.
- COSTUME CREATIVITY: Some say the CJ’s Halloween party is when Fire Islanders show up as they really are, which raises the question are they even costumes at all?
FINE FOOD AND DRINK: Free buffet tonight and CJ’s is famous for a generous spread when feeding all who walk through their door. Happy Hour will from 7 – 9 p.m. that evening, which will include Monster Drink Specials – not quite sure what a ‘Shocktail’ is but we are eager to find out!
- DJ FI-RA: Disk jockey Ira Zahler is a modern day Fire Island legend when it comes to spinning the tunes. No doubt he will keep the crowd moving all night long.
- CHRIS AND LAURA: One of the highlights of the evening is when CJ’s owners Chris and Laura Mercogliano make their grand entrance. What outrageous costumes will they come up with this year? They’ll never tell. Show up and check out the festivities yourself. Parties like this are where Fire Island memories are made.
Need a Place to Stay? The Palms Hotel Fire Island will be open to book rooms for anyone who requires lodgings. Rooms start at $199 and up. Reserve yours by calling 631-583-8870.
Share this Article